Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

First Doctor's Visit!!

I had my first appointment with Dr. Bohn this morning. It was the longest 2 weeks I had to wait to see her! It was such a strange feeling to do everything I did with pregnancy #1 all over again when I got to the doctor's office. Lots of paperwork!!! I still don't have much of the pregnancy symptoms other than little waves of nausea (but it might be the "too much garlic in yesterday's dinner" or "I had too much sugar today" kind of nausea). I hope it continues this way!

The reactions I got from nurses were "wow, we didn't even know you were trying!" And my reaction to that was "neither did I!" This one really was a big surprise to us.. Dr. Bohn confirmed the due date to be February 11, 2011 and did an ultrasound not really expecting to see much since I'm only a little over 6 weeks. I expected to just see a yolk sac but THERE IT WAS! Our little baby with a tiny heartbeat! (below where the red arrow is pointing) I thought with the second one, it'd be less emotional but no, it was still very emotional to see the little tiny "jelly bean" with a flickering heartbeat! Just amazing!!! I'll be going back to see Dr. Bohn in 2 weeks so I'll get a video of the heartbeat then!!! Stay tuned.....


1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I'm sure no words can express the wonder of seeing an ultrasound all over again. You express similar feelings to mine during my second pregnancy. I'm glad to read about yours, I can reminisce too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete