Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I did something bad....

I had a 17 week check up with Dr. Bohn today. Paul couldn't go with me since he's out of town. He should have known better than to send me to the doctor by myself!!! hehehe... Paul has expressed this time around too that he does not want to know the sex of the baby.. He said that with the first pregnancy but my puppy dog face made him give in. Typically during the 17 week exam, Dr. Bohn only checks the heartbeat with the doppler machine and doesn't do an ultrasound. An ultrasound is done at 20 weeks when we go to Dr. Bochner and he checks the anatomy of the baby and for birth defects. At that time, Dr. Bochner tells us with 100% certainty what the sex of the baby is. So I went to Dr. Bohn with no expectations whatsoever.

First off, I only gained 1 pound in this pregnancy so far. I think I gained 2 pounds by this time with Avery. Since I lost so many pounds when I was sick few weeks ago, I supposed 1 pound makes sense. Baby's heatbeat was so so so strong and fast. By just the heartbeat alone, Dr. Bohn said it could possibly be a girl since it was so fast. But then when we talked about my symptoms so far, she said it sounded like a boy.... hmmm.. Mixed signals!!!!

Dr. Bohn was so curious as to the sex of this mystery baby that she said "fine, let's do an ultrasound so I know for me!" The baby on the ultrasound was the most active baby I've ever seen! The legs were kicking, arms were flying, squirming like crazy! It was like a baby on caffeine! Complete opposite of Avery. Avery was either sleeping or just calm whenever we did ultrasounds... Dr. Bohn said the legs were crossed most of the time but there were 2-3 times when he/she uncrossed his/her legs and she was able to see what the sex was.... She told me what she thinks it is but she said it was her "unofficial" diagnosis and she wanted me to confirm with Dr. Bochner in 3 weeks. So I won't reveal the "unofficial" diagnosis just yet!!!!! Paul has told me that he wants to think about whether he wants to know the unofficial verdict.. I'm dying to tell him though!!!!

In the first ultrasound below, you can see the baby's face. Eyes, nose, and mouth. In the second ultrasound, the baby's legs are up in the air. So cool!

1 comment:

  1. hey jo,
    lovin' your blog :) so fun to read! baby #2 is adorable already! can't wait to find out the official diagnosis of the little one. awwwww... so cute and small... ya know, i found out quickly that wild child in the tummy doesn't necessarily mean wild once their out and vice versa. lizzie was so calm in my tummy and you know how she is now! it would be so cute if he/she was a mini avery, no?

    ReplyDelete