Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feeling better?

I feel much more at peace about this pregnancy now that we saw a healthy little baby at our 9 week appointment. I've been such a nervous wreck about possible misfortunes that might happen... With 3 weeks left of first trimester I feel optimistic and confident. I'm also looking forward to having more appetite and energy in second trimester! Why do we have to feel so blah when we first get pregnant when it should be the time of happiness and celebration?? All I want to do is lie on the couch when I get home from work. I don't even have the energy to play with Avery which I'm feeling very guilty about... 3 more weeks and Avery can have her mommy back!

Today, our baby is a size of a grape, almost an inch long. I asked Dr. Bohn about my growing belly and she said it's most likely just bloating since my uterus hasn't grown that much. By night time, my belly is noticeably round and big. At our appointment on Tuesday, Dr. Bohn also mentioned that she prefers to schedule c-sections a week before the due date which would make the birthday of our little one on February 4, 2011. Is that a good day??

1 comment:

  1. awww... joann, so glad you're feeling better. pregnancy is definitely an emotional roller coaster, huh? i was feeling a lil guilty b/c i'm sure i didn't help with the anxiety :(

    i think february 4th is perfect! i forgot that you'd most likely have to have another c-section. i guess it's too soon to have a natural delivery, huh? at least you know what to expect this time and you won't have to go through the labor!

    dave & i leave for australia today. lookin' forward to the trip and hoping E will handle the long ride OK.

    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete