Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

11 Weeks and Counting!

Wow, already 11 weeks! 1 more week and I'm done with first trimester!!! Wahoo! Although this has been a pretty comfortable pregnancy so far compared to the first one, I still don't like first trimester.. The tiredness, occassional nausea, bloating, constant hunger, constipation and pulling feeling in my belly are all not-so-fun and unglamorous part of being pregnant. When I was pregnant with Avery, in the first trimester I often wondered "who says being pregnant is beautiful??" It was certainly not beautiful for me, neither by how I felt or how I looked! This pregnancy is not beautiful but at least comfortable. May be people were saying that the idea/concept of pregnancy is beautiful - the fact that we're carrying a little human being who is part of us in our bellies. That is beautiful to me! I can't believe I'm responsible for giving a little person his/her life! (tear, tear) I can't wait till second trimester when I really begin to look pregnant. Right now, I just look like I'm bloated or have "ddong-bae" as Koreans would say it (it means a fat belly). One thing I do have now which I love is the pregnancy glow. I've heard from multiple people that pregnancy makes me look glowing, haha. I don't feel like i'm glowing but sure, I'll take the compliment wherever I can get it!!!

Now that the nervous first trimester is almost over and after 1 more week I'm in the clear for miscarriage, I'm full of thoughts of meeting our second little one and watching Avery welcome her little brother/sister. I'm so excited to see her interact with him/her. I wish I can know now whether it's a brother or sister.. But of course Paul is determined this time to not find out the sex until the baby is born. Geez, again??? That's what he said the first time and drove all of us insane! Hopefully he'll change his mind in the next couple months.. Or I'll just have to be sneaky and find out myself without him knowing. Is that wrong?? Probably is... It feels like it is...

Paul and I decided last night that since it's taking us so long to take a belly picture, we'll just wait until the last day of first trimester to take one... There's not much to look at right now anyways. It'll be a picture celebrating the end of the dreaded first trimester!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment